FUN :: EXPRESSIVE :: REALISTIC :: MINIMALIST :: PENCILS
:: GRAPHIC ::
icon | cut-out | legend | scraperboard
‘Legend’ is often used for African folk tales since it brings out the mythical quality of these ancient stories.
Legend has the same sort of outlines as Icon but they are almost always black. This stays true to the work of the Ndebele people which is what inspired this style. I often use Legend for fantasy stories and African folk tales in schoolbooks. Sometimes I emboss it like leather, as in some of the samples shown here. As you will see, this style conveys an African flavour without the viewer necessarily being aware of Ndebele art. It is one of the two styles unique to me (so far!), the other being Fotomelt.
So – Scraperboard and Legend are good generally to convey an African flavour. One can add as much or as little detail as the story needs. Sometimes these two styles meld. Generally though, Scraperboard has more texture within the shapes themselves.
- Birthday Chart
- Birthdays in December
- Birthdays in May
- Weather chart
- 4 seasons in the W Cape
- Weather: rain
- 4 seasons, KZN region
- Various training graphics: change
- 4 personalities and change
- Get well card
- Synonyms for 'give'
- Synonyms for 'head' of a company
- Merchandising icons, Unilever
- The Mermaid who came in on The Tide Pg 4-7
- The Mermaid who came in on The Tide Pg 18-19
- Logo for Centrepeace
- City Centre
- 'Food security', one of a series for OneWorld subsidiary, RCCP
- More in the series for RCCP
- A daughter being made into a freak I
- A daughter being made into a freak II
- A daughter being made into a freak III
- Futuristic story illustration
- Greeting card
- Man on train (story)
- Poetry - Just a Number.