characters || storyboard so far || request script
Tough and tender by turns, Drakanica is still finding herself. If she was a human, she’d be a 16-year old IT genius.
She’s normally to be found in her workshop, fixing and inventing with every tool imaginable to an ambitious inventor/surgeon. This is her haven where her snoring sometimes echoes amongst her latest completed works. (She keeps late hours when she’s ‘onto something.’)
Her visette reflects her moods and sometimes she projects images at intense variance with her actual moods, eg a serene Mona Lisa. Her actual moods are often inadvertently displayed as weather reports.
Drak fixes everyone’s mechanical faults including her own. She’s a genius with machinery and high-tech equipment of every kind, including computers, from where she acquires ever more knowledge.
She likes her own company because she has low boundaries. If someone asks for help she feels compelled to drop everything and help them straight away, not yet having learned that sometimes it’s okay to say ‘not right now’.
This is her arc during the story, as she finds more of a balance and discovers her inner dragon. Who doesn’t have to help everyone whether they need it or not, just because she can.
She’s very sensitive and introverted, with clumsy social skills but innately kind. So she goes off and hammers away and makes new, ever more fantastical armour for herself like a one-girl Maker-movement, with Rammstein tracks pounding in her head and new inventions blossoming. She’s a mix of Tank Girl and Tesla with an exoskeleton.
Cogs tries to help but constantly loses the thread. Sheena treats her with caution because she knows Drakanica made her what she is, and what Drakanica gives, Drakanica can take away. Sheena’s greatest fear is that Drakanica will one day realise that.
Conflict happens between Drakanica and:
- A girl of many parts is our Drakanica
- Drakanica's workshop
- Bottom and top views
- Front and top views
- Side and front views
- Initial foot ideas
- Drakanica: flying and landing
- The semi-final outline version of Drakanica
- Getting the proportions right - amazing how organic the blades look
- This propellor was very frangipani-like
- Some propellers were sleeker
- A frangipani blossom - inspired the retraction movement of the rotor-blades
- Getting it right with the top view
- Propeller variations
- Propellor style
- A real dragonfly
- The blades could have some decorative lacework for special occasions
- Machine presser foot
- Beetle leg - decorative joints
- Novelty machine foot
- Machine presser foot - simplify
- Great simplification of details
- A face easily made more lovable
- Wider view of previous pic
- Fairly blank - use as curved monitors?
- Very appealing eyes - nearest to our own
- These patterns can play across the vizette